Social Media Strategist
The social media strategist will be part of the organization's Washington, DC-based communications team. Responsibilities include developing an overall social media engagement strategy, drafting content and posting to social media accounts, translating in-depth policy research into shareable social media content, and using analytics to evaluate and evolve the organization's digital efforts. The social media strategist will also assist in email marketing efforts, and experiment with new tactics, including the creation of an online debate forum and hosting twitter chats.
S/he will also be required to assist the communications department with basic writing tasks, including drafting and editing of press releases, e-newsletters, event invitations, and other forms of written communication as needed.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Familiarity with trends and innovations in social media, a track record of driving creative content and growing audiences.
- The ability to shape a data-driven strategy that continues to build the organization's profile, expand the organization's global presence, and ensure the organization is driving and engaged in online debates about the future of global development.
- A proven track record of growing a digital presence for an organization, campaign, or corporation.
- Equipped to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadlines, and understand that the internet isn’t always a 9 to 6 kind of job.
- Self-confidence, a can-do attitude, and willingness to pitch in.
- An ability to work independently and take the initiative on significant projects.
- The ideal candidate will have a keen interest and a background in veterans, global leadership, professional development.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Be self-motivated, well organized and able to work efficiently and autonomously, as part of a small team.
- Required to commit to six months or more as a staff volunteer.
- Required to attend quarterly All Staff evening meetings (Virtual).
- Required to attend monthly communications staff evening meetings (Virtual).
- Required time commitment of up to 10 hours per week.
- Required to respond to e-mails daily, on a regular basis.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
How to Apply:
Anyone interested should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Social Media Strategist"