Director of Communications
The Director of Communications is responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of cohesive and integrated external and internal Communications’ strategies, programs and tactics/content for the Veterans in Global Leadership Movement. This person will play a significant role in managing the VGL brand image and reputation among key stakeholders for VGL and in collaboration with current partners, as well as aligning with brand marketing efforts.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop an integrated marketing and communications strategy that positions VGL as an innovator and thought leader in the veteran and foreign policy community.
- Develop and implement executive communications plan (both external and internal messaging) including email, social media, blog posts, and speeches.
- Manage enterprise-wide brand strategy, including refining and tracking brand success metrics and integration of the brand into all communications.
- Create and manage a high performing team, providing supervision and support to direct reports and with the ability to pitch in and execute hands-on when necessary.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to execute successful events and public moments.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Be self-motivated, well organized and able to work efficiently and autonomously, as part of a small team.
- Required to commit to six months or more as a staff volunteer.
- Required to attend quarterly All Staff evening meetings (Virtual).
- Required to attend monthly communications staff evening meetings (Virtual).
- Required time commitment of up to 10 hours per week.
- Required to respond to e-mails daily, on a regular basis.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
How to Apply:
Anyone interested should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Director of Communications Application."